- Pattern reading
- Checking your tension/gauge
- Yarn substitution
- Increasing and decreasing
- Basic cables
- Colourwork - fairisle and intarsia
- Knitting in the round using circulars and dpns
- Finishing techniques - picking up stitches, sewing up and blocking
Please bring a 40cm circular and/or set of DPNs that are size 4mm and/or 5mm, and a few small balls of DK and/or aran weight yarn (leftovers from projects would be ideal).
Linda Litchfield is a former lawyer with a degree in fine art textiles from Goldsmiths, has been knitting for over 60 years and teaching knitting for 10 of those. She is slightly obsessed by knitting and yarn and loves passing on her skills to others.
We understand that sometimes unexpected circumstances may arise, and you may need to cancel your place. To ensure a smooth and fair process for all attendees, we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
- If you need to cancel your workshop registration, please notify us as soon as possible through email or phone.
- If your cancellation request is made more than 48 hours before the start of the workshop we will transfer your booking to an alternative workshop on another day. Cancellation requests made less than 48 hours before the start of a workshop will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you are unable to attend the workshop, you may transfer your place to another person with prior approval from us. Please inform us about the name and contact details of the person taking your place.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances or low enrolment, we will provide a full refund to all registered participants.
- Participants who do not attend the workshop without prior notification will not be eligible for a refund or transfer of registration.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with our cancellation policy. It helps us manage resources, plan workshops effectively, and accommodate as many participants as possible. If you have any questions or need further clarification, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to creating with you!