Whether you’re looking to mend your own knits or take the first steps towards working as a repairer, this workshop will teach you the main techniques for invisible knit repair.
We will look at:
the structure of knitted fabrics
fixing ladders and pulled threads
different methods of duplicate stitch for small and large holes
how to source the perfect yarn for repair
some pro tips & tricks
You will receive a kit containing all the tools you need, as well as multiple swatches to practice on - no need to bring anything with you!
This workshop is most suitable for those with some knitting skills or a good understanding of knitted fabrics
Sunday 19th November, 11am-4pm
Refreshments are provided and this class includes a break for an hour for lunch. You are very welcome to bring a packed lunch and stay in our studio or you may want to visit one of our fantastic local places to eat - we can recommend a few!
A professional mender, and a knitwear designer, Alexandra also teaches pro-menders and is a senior mender with theseam.uk.
She is incredibly generous with her knowledge, and super passionate about mending and preserving your precious knitwear.
We understand that sometimes unexpected circumstances may arise, and you may need to cancel your place. To ensure a smooth and fair process for all attendees, we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
- If you need to cancel your workshop registration, please notify us as soon as possible through email or phone.
- If your cancellation request is made more than 48 hours before the start of the workshop we will transfer your booking to an alternative workshop on another day. Cancellation requests made less than 48 hours before the start of a workshop will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you are unable to attend the workshop, you may transfer your place to another person with prior approval from us. Please inform us about the name and contact details of the person taking your place.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances or low enrolment, we will provide a full refund to all registered participants.
- Participants who do not attend the workshop without prior notification will not be eligible for a refund or transfer of registration.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with our cancellation policy. It helps us manage resources, plan workshops effectively, and accommodate as many participants as possible. If you have any questions or need further clarification, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to crafting with you!