Passementerie is the art of creating decorative ribbons, trimmings, braids, cords and fringes. Whether you're interested in interior design, accessories, fashion design, or fine art, this workshop will teach you the introductory passementerie weaving skills you need to create your own fabulous hand woven designs bursting with colour, texture and pattern.
You will create 2 different hand woven contemporary passementerie designs, each design exploring a different hand technique. For this workshop, you will be learning how to create passementerie on a frame loom. Also, you will learn how to hand spin your own cords to use within your weaving.
At the end of the workshop, you will also come away with a learner pack including instructions & resources for creating further designs.
No prior experience of weaving is required.
Materials are included, lots of beautiful threads and your own weaving loom which is yours to keep.
Saturday 23rd March, 10am -4.30pm
Refreshments are provided and this class includes a break for an hour for lunch. You are very welcome to bring a packed lunch and stay in our studio or you may want to visit one of our fantastic local places to eat - we can recommend a few!
Don't miss our Passementerie book signing event 9th March, more information here.
One of only a few hand Passementerie artists working in the UK today, Elizabeth combines traditional and endangered craft skills with a contemporary aesthetic in order to create intriguing, energetic and playful art works. Working from her studio in London, Elizabeth creates work for a diverse range of clients including creating hand woven, bespoke artwork commissions for private collectors, to creating artworks for exhibitions and weaving bespoke passementerie lengths. Elizabeth has exhibited her passementerie artworks both nationally and internationally
We understand that sometimes unexpected circumstances may arise, and you may need to cancel your place. To ensure a smooth and fair process for all attendees, we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
- If you need to cancel your workshop registration, please notify us as soon as possible through email or phone.
- If your cancellation request is made more than 48 hours before the start of the workshop we will transfer your booking to an alternative workshop on another day. Cancellation requests made less than 48 hours before the start of a workshop will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you are unable to attend the workshop, you may transfer your place to another person with prior approval from us. Please inform us about the name and contact details of the person taking your place.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances or low enrolment, we will provide a full refund to all registered participants.
- Participants who do not attend the workshop without prior notification will not be eligible for a refund or transfer of registration.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with our cancellation policy. It helps us manage resources, plan workshops effectively, and accommodate as many participants as possible. If you have any questions or need further clarification, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to crafting with you!