The Japanese practice of Sashiko has been used for centuries as a necessary way of mending and strengthening clothes and other textiles through functional embroidery, associated with the wider art of 'Boro'. Typified most recognisably by its signature white stitches on indigo fabric, it is often elevated beyond simple practicality to become a decorative form in its own right.
In this 2 hour workshop, Thom will introduce basic sashiko tools and techniques, and show you how to create patterns so that you can continue to explore this satisfying and meditative craft.
All materials included and refreshments provided.
Saturday 2nd March, 10am - 12pm
We understand that sometimes unexpected circumstances may arise, and you may need to cancel your place. To ensure a smooth and fair process for all attendees, we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
- If you need to cancel your workshop registration, please notify us as soon as possible through email or phone.
- If your cancellation request is made more than 48 hours before the start of the workshop we will transfer your booking to an alternative workshop on another day. Cancellation requests made less than 48 hours before the start of a workshop will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you are unable to attend the workshop, you may transfer your place to another person with prior approval from us. Please inform us about the name and contact details of the person taking your place.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances or low enrolment, we will provide a full refund to all registered participants.
- Participants who do not attend the workshop without prior notification will not be eligible for a refund or transfer of registration.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with our cancellation policy. It helps us manage resources, plan workshops effectively, and accommodate as many participants as possible. If you have any questions or need further clarification, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to crafting with you!